Monday, August 18, 2014

Final week of my final placement

Wow it is that time again, where have the last four weeks gone? This week I am sort of floating around Ranzau, I will spend the first part of the morning in Room 8 taking the roll, oral language and spelling. Then I will have a look in some of the other classrooms and see how other teachers do things, it is a great opportunity for me!

This afternoon I was saying thanks to the children of Room 8 for putting up with me teaching for the last 3 weeks and they all started "is today your last day", and several asked if I could stay until the end of the year or get a job at Waimea Intermediate next year so that I can see them... if only it was that easy! But I love their enthusiasm, nothing makes you feel like you have done a good job like 22 happy faces looking at you!

So this is my FINAL placement, this time next week I will have handed in my folder from placement and be getting ready for my final 3 papers for the semester and the degree! This semester will be an interesting one with our professional inquiry paper being all about CV's, job interviews and getting ready for the real world! Then one of our other papers is special and inclusive education which I have no doubt will be fascinating, and then for our final paper we got to choose! I have chosen sustainability and social justice, just the title sounds interesting! All of this is jammed into just 3 short months though, with our final day of university on the 13th November, followed by graduation on the 19th December!

Last night I was organising my calendar and freaking out a bit, there is just so much going on in the next few months, can I just have a week off in there somewhere?

It has been a blast at Ranzau, it is an awesome school with an amazing bunch of teachers who have been welcoming, supportive and encouraging, especially my associate teacher Megan, without whom I would have collapsed in a heap somewhere to be found by the cleaner! Room 8 is lucky to have her, and I have been very fortunate to be mentored by her, I have learnt SO much!

So thank you Ranzau, Room 8, Dave, Megan and all the rest of the team, thank you to the children, and their parents for an amazing few weeks! Hopefully I have some spare time to come back between now and the end of the year!


P.s. Ignore the $46, sadly that is not how much it has cost me to become a teacher! 




No comments:

Post a Comment