Saturday, August 16, 2014

Letters to Sarah

Each week the children of Room 8 write a letter to their teacher as part of their reading program, it usually starts off with some detail about their week and what is going on in their lives and then moves into its main purpose which is to discuss their reading and the book they are reading. This week I asked all of the students to address their letters to me as I was going to respond to them all so I could leave them all a wee note in their books. Their tasks for reading were written up on the board so my name was visible to all to see but I am having a wee chuckle at all the different variations o "Dear Sarah's" I have received...


  • Sharah
  • Serah
  • Shea
  • Sera
  • Sherah
  • Shra
  • Shara
It has taken me back to my childhood where my friends often spelled my name incorrectly. I just thought I would share as it has made me smile, but the real joy is the letters, they are full of thought and show a great understanding of the books these children are reading. The catchphrase is "Reading is thinking" and these children sure are thinking about their reading and it is wonderful to see as a teacher, nothing makes me happier than hearing a child say "can we read some more"... you know you are destined to be a teacher when things like that make you smile. :)

This week was my last week in full control in Room 8 at Ranzau, I still have one more week at the school where I will make the most of my opportunities to watch some of the other teachers do the amazing things they do and to gather some more information I need for my folder. This weekend is the first weekend in the last month where I have had plenty of time to relax and chill out and it has been awesome, but I am glad that I still have one more week with the children of Room 8, they make me smile on a daily basis and I can't wait to have a class of my own. 

Another highlight of this week was receiving a wee treat from one of the boys in "my" class, in the form of a truffle that his Mum had made, it definitely made my day, it was the sweetest gesture and also delicious! 



No comments:

Post a Comment