Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Learning aims and learning names



Well day two is done and dusted, and I am proud to say that I just looked at the Room 8 blog (http://room8ranzau.blogspot.co.nz/), at their class picture and I know all of the kids names! I have no doubt that this will come unstuck tomorrow when they are all wearing different clothes but it is a start!

So far I have taken one lesson and the roll twice, baby steps! The first week is mostly about learning the routines and the childrens names (YUS, check!) so that next week I can take over where Megan (my associate teacher/AT) has left off (well that is the plan...).

I already feel like I have been there forever which is a nice feeling, our class has been doing some weaving (http://room8ranzau.blogspot.co.nz/2014/07/cd-weaving.html) with room 5 so I have been meeting and working with a whole other class of children and I have been blown away by how willing they are to accept me as part of the team, the frustrating bit is that they all know my name and I haven't managed to learn the room 5 students names as well.

Today some of the girls requested that I watch them on the monkey bars (well that is what they were called back in my day) which made me feel quite special! I think there are a few future gymnasts in this group! I also enjoy strolling around while on duty having random chats with all the children of different ages, they are so warm and welcoming, ready to tell you what they are doing, some of the younger students made me a "latte" at morning tea time on their new/second hand coffee machine, as their teacher has upgraded! I have to say that it was delicious and warmed up my cold hands remarkably well :)

Trying desperately to keep up with my planning and failing miserably, which has  me worried for the rest of my career! I have no idea how teachers/student who are also parents do it, hats off to all of you working/studying parents!

Tomorrow after school I am going to venture into the resource room! If you don't hear from me in the next 48 hours, send in a search party! Just kidding, it looks very well organised, I just haven't spent a lot of time in them before. I am hoping to find some good non-fiction texts for the next few weeks based on the ideas of cooperation and competition.

Well that's it from me for the night, better go before I start rambling on...

Goodnight all!




No comments:

Post a Comment