Wednesday, October 29, 2014

To infinity and beyond...

Well here I am with only 1 week of my degree left... looking over my shoulder it looks like a long journey but it feels like it was just yesterday that I was meeting everyone for the first time.

Our official final day is Wednesday the 12th of November, but our last work to be handed in is due on Friday the 7th which is just 8 days away, then we have a wee wait to get all our results back before graduation on the 19th of December! WOW!!

I am in the process of applying for jobs, and it is a daunting process this selling yourself on a piece of paper and one that I find hard. When talking to us about writing our CV's our lecturer said "you need to let your personality show" then in the next breath she said "keep it professional", I joked that I can't do both, but I am finding my way.

The thing that I am finding the hardest at the moment is competing against these people that I have come to love very much, I cannot even think about next year when I won't see my classmates at least once a week, they truly are what has kept me afloat.

I interviewed for a job at Stoke School last week and I would have loved to work there as I love what they are doing in partnership with the community, sadly I lost out, but,
the best bit is that it was to one of my classmates, so well done Tommy! Absolutely STOKED (hehe) for him and I think he is the best fit for the job and they are lucky to have him.

We talk a lot about finding the school that is the right 'puzzle' for your 'piece', and I know that this will come for all of us as we are a pretty awesome bunch, and SO modest too.

I know that my teaching journey has really only just begun so as my mate Buzz Lightyear says "To infinity and beyond...", bring it on I say.




Image from: http://oncampus.osu.edu/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/buzz-lightyear-wallpaper-476x297.jpg 

No comments:

Post a Comment