Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Half way mark!

Well today is Wednesday (Wed-nes-day... have to say this every time i write it because it is not spelt like we say it!) the 19th of March 2014 (Write up the long date in your books)! It is half way through our placement and it is also about half way through my full control period in Room 15, and I have a cold :(
I said to one of my AT's (associate teachers) today at the end of the say that my nose didn't  have time to run, which is great because it has been a busy day filled with reading, writing, maths, tennis and topic (Kiwi's for kiwi). Unfortunately my nose is more than making up for it this evening, thank goodness for Kleenex aloe vera tissues (they sure do soothe a sore, red nose!).

Other than my cold (aka woman flu-very low fatality) I am feeling great, I just commented that for the first time since I started my teacher training my planning is going well, I have always struggled with planning but this time it is making sense and things are going (mostly) to plan in the classroom! I am happy, Pip and Alison are happy (or too scared to say otherwise) and the children are learning, which is of course the most important part!

I really can't say enough how awesome the children in Room 15 are! They are a fabulous bunch and they are so willing and eager to learn! Full of ideas and a great bunch of mates, looking out for each other and supporting one another (most of the time). Pip and Alison are great teacher too, they have a wonderful program set up and have been giving me some wonderful feedback that I can build upon and learn from, it is a great placement to have in the final year of my degree.

After school one day last week I jokingly said to Pip "why do we do this?" and she replied "because we love it", and it really is as simple as that. If she can love it after 20 (?) years teaching then I am in the right career! I only hope that in 20 years when someone asks me the same question, I have the same response. I think this conversation will stick with me for the rest of my life. It is my opinion that there is nothing more important in a teacher than a passion for what they do. Albert Einstein once said "I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious.", I am in no way comparing myself to Einstein but I feel that this sums me up, and i hope to be able to inspire passionate curiosity in the lives of children that I am fortunate enough to teach over the course of my career.

Every day I have moments of "why on earth am I doing this??!", but more often everyday I have moments when I am truly grateful that I have finally found what I want to do for the rest of my life, I mean who wouldn't want to spend everyday with a bunch of children who make you laugh and make you proud, even if they do spit in your face sometimes when they are talking to you....

I have already started dreading the day when I have to say goodbye to the children in Room 15 at Collingwood Area School, I will not want to leave. I will cry. But thankfully that is still over two weeks away so for now I will not think about it!


Tonight's Homework! 


A gift from a sweetie in my class! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment