Monday, March 3, 2014

Day 2

Yet again another imaginative blog title.... NOT! I will come back to it if I think of something better! But I guess that it does sum things up quite well; it is day two and I am still here! Have my desk at home (well my friend Sophie's home) all sorted so I have NO excuses not to do all my paperwork now, and boy there is a ton of it!

I am having dejavu being back at Collingwood and being on the other side of the staff room door feels very strange! There are many faces I recognise among the teaching and support staff as well as some children and many parents, there are even more surnames that I recognise on the class list. I am pretty happy to say that I know all of the students names already, yesterday I was only confident until the students moved to a different spot in the room, but today I have them.

I have been doing a lot of watching and note taking, which is freaking my associate teachers out a wee bit I think, with one of them asking me what it was that I was writing down....everything as I know nothing! I am enjoying watching everything unfold as a casual observer and I am looking forward to getting more involved tomorrow, taking a maths group to my teachers plan.

I have been fortunate enough to attend some parent teacher interviews/three way conferences and it was a great experience hearing the students verbalise their own goals and gaining a better insight into what parents think and wonder about their children's education.

Today I got a hug, and one girl told me she likes walking with me as I use my good manners, aw, bless.

I can't think of anything more of interest to write so I will leave you with this photo of my pile....






No comments:

Post a Comment